RFC

342   2   1
5 posts
Hello!
I mixed different techniques/tuts to create this project. I would like your opinions on the setup. Particularly on the tools and orders i used for the sim/collision.
Thanks for your time

Attachments:
cap.jpg (1.4 MB)

8599 posts
it's unclear what you are asking and especially with just posting a screenshot without any description what you are trying to do

however seeing just the screenshot it looks like you can achieve it with a Ray SOP instead of doing any sims
not really clear what you are doing in the popnet and why you are using vellum grains instead of hair or springs, so you may need to explain more if you want relevant answer
Tomas Slancik
FX Supervisor
Method Studios, NY
5 posts
Thanks for your answer @tamte

Here is some more informations :
It is an attempt to sim a spider web being thrown against an uneven wall.
The popnet is managing the outer points of the web and setting its velocity in direction of the wall.
I used grains to simulate the overall web dynamic following Entagma’s tutorial https://youtu.be/lej5uheoMdQ [youtu.be]

I know there is many ways to simulate this but as i’m learning more techniques i want to know if my choices are "right".

For example regarding the velocity of the outer ring, it is in a distinct popnet because i didn’t find a solution to do so in the grains setup.

So it seemed to me that the following process would be right :
1) create web 2) add velocity to outer points (all the other will follow trough the sim) 3) sim the overall web dynamic through grains
  • Quick Links