Line texturing ?

6280   7   2
113 posts
Hi,

Is it possible to have a repeating texture on a line, using mantra line rendering?
Cant seem to put proper UV coordinates since a line is just one point large, the texture gets stretched in the width.

Thanks a lot.
282 posts
try to put UV texture SOP with texture type set to rows and columns and “apply to” set to vertex texture
Houdini is great! O'right?
113 posts
Thanks for the suggestion, but I had already tried that with “apply to” set to “natural location”, and setting it to “vertex texture” gets the same result, the texture is stretched.
1769 posts
hi!

try to scale the U value at the range attributes
daniel bukovec | senior fx td | weta digital
qLib -- http://qlab.github.io/qLib/ [qlab.github.io]
282 posts
Yes of course. UV Texture SOP create uv coords only. You can use UV transform SOP or UV transform VOP to make proper length to your texture
Houdini is great! O'right?
113 posts
I've tried your suggestions, but I don't think it can works with tweaking the uv coordinates. Here's a picture showing the problem. On the left is a nurbs grid (0.5*2) with uvtexture set to rows and columns and the y scale is 4. On the right is the line (length = 2, attribute width set to 0.5).

The uvs for the grid are 0,1,0,1,0,1… wich correspond to the left and right point of the grid for uv and go from 0 to 4 for uv.

for the line, it's just 0,0,0,0.. for uv since there are no left and right points.

So I was wondering if something can be done about this.

Thanks again.

Attachments:
linetexture.jpg (16.1 KB)

1390 posts
Not sure if I understand what you're after but curve geometry in Mantra has its own implicate uv space called s and t. Use it to map a texture on a curve instead of uv.
113 posts
Thanks Symek, just after I posted, I thought I had to create my own vex surface, and you made me nail it.

All I needed was to just connect the t input of the vex texture node and let mantra use its own space going from 0 to 1 for the s coordinate.

Attachments:
texturedlines.jpg (26.0 KB)

• Quick Links