Objects won't show up

2629   10   2
9 posts
Hi!

I am using Houdini 16.0.557 with Windows 10. At the moment, when I create a Object, no Objects is shown. When I use the selection tool, I can see that there is a object, but its not shown. I already reinstalled it. Deleted the files in the document folder and reinstalled it.
I am using thinkpad x230

Does anybody knows why this is happening?
806 posts
Moin,

just to be sure: By “create an object” you mean “click on box/sphere/whatever” and then PLACE IT in the viewport, i.e. CLICKING in the viewport where you want the object to appear? Or are you using “create default object” (which should appear at the origin)?
Have you tried holding space and pressing “h” (for “Home”), to be sure that your virtual camera isn't off?

Marc
---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
https://www.marc-albrecht.de [www.marc-albrecht.de]
9 posts
Hi

I used to create a geometry object and manipulatin it. I found out, that when the option “display reference plance / ortho grid” is switched on, I dont see anything (not even a grid) just the blue background.
Edited by mosberlin - March 29, 2017 15:57:34
806 posts
Those? Should not be a problem …

Attachments:
din-da-da-do-do-doh.PNG (246.1 KB)

---
Out of here. Being called a dick after having supported Houdini users for years is over my paygrade.
I will work for money, but NOT for "you have to provide people with free products" Indie-artists.
Good bye.
9 posts
This option does not show anything when I enable it (the reference plane option).

Here are two screenshots. [imgur.com]
Edited by mosberlin - March 29, 2017 16:09:22

Attachments:
Second.png (339.2 KB)
First.png (227.8 KB)

806 posts
hmm … hang on, your screenshots do not show what you described in your first comment :-)

You have a “remesh” with a WARNING hooked after the sphere. You need to check what the warning is about first before seeking the problem elsewhere, I guess.
What happens if you set the visibility flag (blue button right most) on the sphere node instead of the remesh node? Have you, maybe, used the “wrong” primitive type for the sphere so that it cannot be remeshed?

Marc
---
Good bye.
9 posts
I uploaded the second screenshot as well. The only difference between the screenshots is the enabled option of the reference plane.

I already tried this with different objects. Like Sphere, geometry, etc. Also the construction plane is not shown when the option is enabled.

(the warning on the remesh says that the geometry has been changed to triangles and quads)
806 posts
Can you upload the scene, please? I guess we are crosstalking here
---
Good bye.
9 posts
Here are the two screenshots, the only difference is the enabled option. Nothing else was changed

Attachments:
First.png (227.8 KB)
Second.png (339.2 KB)

4189 posts
it's probably due to the ‘Intel® HD 4000 Graphics’ chipset - try the latest Intel drivers and try turning off the ruler - RMB on the reference grid.
9 posts
Turning off the ruler solved it!

Thank you!!
  • Quick Links